Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 26

Daniel 2:24-3:30
1 Peter 4:7-5:14
Psalm 119:81-96
Proverbs 28:15, 16

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even it he doesn't, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up."
Daniel 3:16-18

This is the kind of faith that we should all strive for. Sure, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego believed that God was powerful enough to rescue them, but that's not what I'm talking about. I mean the type of faith that says, "Even if I don't get what I want, even if I have to suffer, I trust that God is still God and I will not go against Him."

I remember being told this story a lot in Sunday school when I was a kid. But it wasn't until I read it for the first time myself that I was blown away by the real miracle in this story. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were putting their trust in God no matter what the outcome. Even if it meant their deaths, they were standing firm on God and His Word. 

I can remember times in my life when I faced trials and God told me "I'm not taking it away." He wanted me to learn how to trust Him even if I didn't get what I wanted, even if I had to suffer. I am thankful for those times that I had to go through the "furnace" because I have never felt closer to Him.

Are there times in your life where you had to go through the furnace? How do we remain faithful even during those times?

Leave comments on Grace Church's Bible Reading Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/192897197465389/


No comments:

Post a Comment