Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday, December 7, 2012 - Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ

Friday, December 7, 2012
Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ

Today's reflection will be short and to the point as I am on vacation visiting family and writing this post from my phone.

"In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace." (Romans 6:11-14)

Before I followed Christ wholeheartedly, sin was my master. Alcohol owned me. Lust owned me. Selfishness owned me. Pride owned me. And I obeyed their evil desires.  As a result, sin made a fool of me 1) in the bar as a belligerent drunk; 2) in relationships where sex was the foundation; 3) in relationships where I only knew how to care for the "best interest" of myself; 4) in relationships where I refused to acknowledge my wrongdoings and/or character defects I needed to work on.

But now I have died to sin. We all who are in Christ have died to sin. Our old self was crucified with Christ so that sin would no longer be our ruler. Christ is our ruler now. Through Christ's resurrection, we have all risen to a new life in Him.

Don't let sin control you - the power of sin has been broken in those that are in Christ Jesus. You have been freed in Christ Jesus. Freed!! Freed from the bondage of sin. Freed from death. Freed to live a new life by the Spirit - one that guarantees love, joy, and peace. Let's walk in this freedom today. Let's use today to offer our hearts and bodies to God as instruments of righteousness. In the process, you will be filled.

God Bless,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment