Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Dec 23

Psalm 142


Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you need to call a customer service department to have an issue resolved and you get someone on the phone who you know does not have the knowledge or authority to help you? I have, many times, and while I don't mean to be rude to the unfortunate person who has to deal with me while I insist to speak with their supervisor, I know I need to talk with someone who is in a position of authority in order to get help. As I was reading through David's Psalm this morning, I sensed his understanding that the only One with authority who could intervene in his situation was God. I think that's why I get so wrapped up into prayer. When we pray, we are coming before God's throne of mercy and grace and directly asking the only One with authority to help us and to intervene. It took me a long time to learn that God answers prayers His way, not mine, and for reasons we will never understand this side of heaven, God's answers to our prayers will always bring Him glory, not always as we expect and not necessarily what we ask for. Like I said last week, there is so much I just don't understand and can't process these days, but no one else aside from God has those answers. I also realized that the answer to prayer right now might only come as a sense of tangible peace through what has become a whirlwind in life, but that peace and a sense of His presence is God's authoritative answer. Like David, I pray we can rest in His presence, trusting He is the only One with the answers.  


Randi


No comments:

Post a Comment