Wednesday, August 26, 2020

August 26

2 Corinthians 1

As we read through Paul's letters we see that God has given Paul a letter for us explaining how to live radically even when under tremendous pressure beyond our ability to endure. The key to it all, I think, I found in verse 9 where Paul says "we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead." Brothers and sisters, no doubt we are in stressful times. In my own day to day routine I find it difficult to rest in the Lord and experience His joy and peace. Like everyone else, I react to the stress and anxiety that fills our world these days and I feel overwhelmed.  Then I remember, the joy and peace I'm looking for is nothing I can experience in my own strength and nothing that I can experience through the things of this world. Strength to get through some difficult days is hard to come up with and it makes me realize my dependency on God goes beyond  the necessary material things I need to just function. I think that's what Paul is trying to remind us of. The same God who raised Jesus from the dead is the God we rely on to live a radically spirit filled life especially when the pressure of life is beyond our ability to endure. I don't know about anyone else reading this, but I walk on that edge of dependency everyday, and when I stop and whisper His name, Jesus always will meet me where I am.

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment