Tuesday, March 24, 2020

March 24th, Not lacking anything

March 24th
Deuteronomy 2:1-3:29
Luke 6:12-38
Psalm 67:1-7
Proverbs 11:27
…These forty years, the Lord your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything. Deut 2:7
Of all the verses in today's reading, this is the one that caught my eye. I am so quick to think of the things I am "lacking". I often forget that God is with me, and I have not lacked anything while I have been under His wings. This is not the only place in the Bible that we are reminded we have all we need through Him.
The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing (Psalm 34:10)
Even strong, fierce, independent animals are unable to meet all of the needs for their offspring, but God is always able to provide for us. When we seek Him, we lack no good thing.
The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing (Psalm 23:19)
When God is our Shepherd, and we are in his flock, we have all that we need. He keeps us safe, watches out for us, and keeps us in line!
Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear Him lack nothing (Psalm 34:9)
When we fear God and show Him the respect, awe, and worship that He deserves, there is nothing that we lack.
While we may feel like we are lacking by worldly standards, or lacking by selfish standards, we are blessed by God, not lacking anything. However, we can only truly experience this when we acknowledge God as our shepherd, when we revere Him, and when we seek Him. I encourage you to take some time today to think about everything that you are grateful for and to thank Him for the blessings He's given you. How can you seek God? How can you revere Him? How can you be his sheep?

No comments:

Post a Comment