Sunday, June 4, 2017

June 4

June 04, 2017

"And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off-for all whom the Lord our God will call." (Acts 2:38)

The other night I invited one of my new friends to come over and have dinner with me. I shared with her about a Christian conference I recently attended on inner healing. She then told me that just a few days ago she decided to see a psychic because she struggles with feelings of depression, loneliness, and fear. I asked her why she made that choice, and she told me that it was easy, convenient, and affordable. She got a great Groupon deal. My heart cried for her, as I understood the dangers of witchcraft. At the same time, I wondered why is the world not aware of the best "Groupon deal" there is, the best gift ever given- the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit implies power- "The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you" (Romans 8:11),- and spiritual gifts such as: word of wisdom, word of knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, distinguishing between spirits, speaking in tongues.(1 Corinthians 12) He is also the supreme counselor, helper, and comforter. (John 14:26) His presence brings joy, peace, love, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.(Galatians 5:22,23) He offers the best life plan: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him." ( 1 Corinthians 2:9). It is the perfect gift, and it's free!

My hope is that everybody receives this wonderful gift. I pray for my friend. I also understand that it has to start with me. Just like in an aircraft, in case of emergency, I'm advised to put on the oxygen mask first before assisting anybody else I need to make sure that I am honoring this gift in my own life.

-"The Holy Spirit is not just a theological abstraction, nor a set of rules, nor half a sentence at the end of the Apostles' Creed. He is a Person, and He wants us to cultivate an intimate, personal relationship with Him". Thank you, Jesus, for the most wonderful gift! Help us to say yes to you in every area of our lives!

In Christ,
Anca

No comments:

Post a Comment