Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 18

 

"His love endures forever." Psalm 136


The word, enduring, is defined as: unceasing, abiding, imperishable, lasting, permanent, long-suffering, patient.

"God cannot not love His people." God loves us with an enduring love. What an amazing truth! The question is- how can I hold on to that love, no matter how shaky things are around me? How do I live loved? What does God's enduring love tell me…

-God promises a love that lasts forever, a love that exceeds even the classic "until death do us apart". He loved us before we were born, He loves us now, and He will love us through death, and the life after. There is no end to His love. Whatever stage of life we're in, His love endures forever. What a relief, I don't need to beg for love, I don't need to people please, nor be afraid of death. I am forever loved!


-No matter where we are, location wise, God's love is always there. I can be at home, at work, in the gym, shower, in my bed, or on another continent, there is no space limitation for His love. His enduring love is with us, wherever we are. (Psalm 139, 7-12). I can now be less afraid of change whatever form it takes or wherever it will take me!


- His love endures, even when I want to give up, when I beat myself up, or when I want to hide under the covers. "That Sunday evening, the disciples were meeting behind locked doors because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders. Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them!" (John 20, 19-20) His love passes through the locked doors of our beings and meets us in our hiding places. His love never fails. There is such a relief to know, that I am loved, no matter how much, myself, others, and life circumstances try to convince me that I am unlovable or that I need to perform in order to earn love.


-As Christians, we are never alone. God's love for us endures forever. Who is this God? The Lord who is good, the God of gods, the Lord of lords, the One who does great wonders, who made the heavens and the earth, who made the great lights, the sun,  the moon and the stars, the One who divided the Red Sea, the One who freed us. (Psalm136, 1-26). How can I ever feel lonely when I am loved with an unfailing, everlasting love by such a God? We have the God of gods on our side. Who could stand against us? (Romans 8:31)


- His love that endures forever frees me from worrying about my loved ones. He loves me with an enduring love, but he loves them the same way. I don't need to worry about their journey. I can relax, trust, and remember, that they are deeply and forever loved. I can use the time spent worrying, on doing something else.


 His love endures forever!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment