Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sept. 28

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.  This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me", declares the Lord.


My parents are getting older and we have had a few serious health scares over the past two years. Last month my Mom decided to show me where the envelope is that contains their will -- as she put it, "Just in case something happens".  So I now know where my earthly inheritance is -- in a sealed envelope in her bottom dresser draw. As I read through this passage I realized that I have another inheritance, far greater than anything that is being kept secret in that envelope.  God does not keep His promises a secret from us.  As a matter of fact He makes them very clear. As long as we read the Bible we know exactly what they are.  There was an everlasting covenant He made with us at Calvary. It ensures no weapon formed against me shall prosper and even though God's thoughts aren't our thoughts, nor His ways our ways, when we seek Him, He has mercy on us and freely pardons us.  I looked up synonyms for the word "vindication" - clearing, whitewash, forgiveness, acquittal, atonement...get the picture?  Since His word will not return void, when we seek Him we will go out in joy and be led forth in peace. His richest blessings are wrapped up in the everlasting kindness and compassion He has on us.  I don't doubt that whatever is in that envelope in the bottom drawer of my Mom's dresser will be passed down in love, but that inheritance is nothing in comparison to what God, The Father, has for me through my trust in His Son Jesus.  I pray God lavishes us with His love today and opens the floodgates of Heaven  for everyone reading this blog. 


Randi


No comments:

Post a Comment