Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Sept. 21

Isaiah 38:17-19

Isaiah had an incredible relationship with God.  He heard Him very clearly and had visions of Him as well.  The main message of Isaiah's writings is to call people back into that special relationship with God that we were created for.  Today's reading stretched my thinking.  Isaiah tells us that in the process of being called back into that relationship, we will go through "stuff", learn how to pray, and through our prayers, because He is faithful, God will deliver us.  Here Hezekiah realizes that having gone through this process, he was not only delivered from death, he was forgiven as well.  We aren't delivered or forgiven because we deserve it, but as Isaiah so eloquently states "For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise, those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness.  The living praise you".  Today's reading made me think of my own storm which led me and my family to Christ, and brought us to Grace Church.  I feel incredibly blessed now but that was not the tune I was singing at the time my life was a mess.  Isaiah speaks of joy and hope in God.  He also tells us to tell our children about God's faithfulness. I felt a sense of security and renewed closeness to God after reading this passage. 
In Psalm 62 David's soul found rest and hope in God alone (v.1,5).  I pray God touches everyone who is reading this in the same way.


Randi


No comments:

Post a Comment