Saturday, August 6, 2016

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Saturday_August 6, 2016
By Keesha Sullivan

This year has been full of so many changes for me and so many of my loved ones. Whether we have been moving, having babies, buying houses, dealing with sickness, loss of a loved one etc., we all have one common thread that has tied us together. We all have had to trust in the Lord our God during this season of change.

The reason 99% of the human population hates change is because it brings in the aspect of the UNKNOWN. You have no idea how things are going to play out exactly. You can't necessarily see into the future, which means you are taking a huge leap of faith.

In our scripture reading today, it says, "Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." (Psalm 28:6-8) King David went through incredible life changes. He was almost killed; he became king; he built his palace; he lost a son to death weeks after that son was born; he had another son betray him and then try to kill him. Those were just a few of the changes that David would encounter.

In the midst of it all, David said, "my heart trusts in [God]." As I read that scripture I literally felt the peace of God settle my own spirit. David knew that no matter what circumstances life would bring that He could trust in the Lord. The Lord would help him go through each transition. Once David released his fears, worry, and anxiety to our Heavenly Father, his heart leapt for joy and he was able to sing songs of gratitude.

When we have heavy hearts that are filled with fear, worry, and anxiety, we too can release our burden to God. We can trust Him and know that we will be helped. We also then can follow in David's footsteps and have a joyful heart filled with gratefulness.

Lord, God thank You for seasons of change. Thank You Lord that many times these seasons cause us to look to You, from where our help comes. We need You God. We cannot hold the burden and anxiety of change by ourselves. We need You to come to our rescue and be our strength and our shield. Shield us from the enemy's lies and blows. Help us to place our complete trust in You. For Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light. Give us joyful, peaceful hearts as we encounter change. We love You so much, Father. Thank You for always being with us. In Jesus's name, we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment