Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24

Psalm 39:4 - Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.  You have made my days a mere handbreadth, the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath


As servant's of the Lord, we are called to live our lives looking through heaven's eyes.  Jesus spoke about it in Luke 12:20 "You fool!  This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?  This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God".  Eternity lasts a whole lot longer than our years on earth. David put it all into a heavenly perspective and even as king of Israel realized that gathering wealth and accomplishing worldly tasks makes no difference in eternity.  As the summer comes to a close and I get ready to go back to work in a new school, I am taking time to rededicate myself to the Lord's service. Even in a public school, I am His hands and feet and I am called to serve Him and do all I can with my mind and body.  I pray for all of us as we go about our day that we allow ourselves to be a channel through which His love and compassion can touch the lives of everyone around us.  Give us grace Lord to serve wholeheartedly in Your Name.  Let us keep in mind the words we long to hear,  "Well done, good and faithful servant!  You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.  Come and share your master's happiness!"  (Matthew 25:21)



Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment