Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 13

 Luke 16:11  So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches


We've read this verse so many times, but today it just stuck out to me.  I think one of the most heart changing truths God has revealed to me is that I have been trusted with so much, and all of it is His.  I've been trusted with a husband and two beautiful boys, a home, finances, friends, a church family, and the list goes on.  At a glance, these are the things that are a part of this world.  When we look at it through God's eyes, these are His belongings that we have been given to steward.  I don't know about anyone else but when I'm lent something, I tend to treat it better than if it were my own. I just never knew that nothing is really "mine". Understanding that being trustworthy with what we have now has impact on our eternity changes our perspective.  What is waiting for us in heaven is nothing in comparison to what we have now. In God's love for me, one of the greatest lessons He has opened my eyes to is to stop living in terms of earthly possessions. I repent for not handling things with this understanding.  As we go into today Lord, I pray we steward all that you've given us in a manner worthy of Your trust.  Thank you Lord for all You have given me, thank You even more for the lessons You taught me by taking from me, and thank You for what You have trusted me to keep.


Randi




No comments:

Post a Comment