Sunday, December 13, 2015

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Saturday, December 12, 2015

[by Keesha Sullivan]


"When they had stripped the land clean, I cried out, 'Sovereign Lord, forgive! How can Jacob survive? He is so small!" So the Lord relented" (Amos 7:2-3). Amos cried out and the Lord abandoned His idea of destruction.

How many times have you been in a precarious situation that you've placed yourself in? I've lost count when it comes to myself. Israel deserved the punishment that was coming their way. Israel had done some despicable acts that showed how unfaithful they were to God. The Israelites had betrayed Him, yet when Amos cried out to our Father in Heaven, He relented.

There have been so many times that I placed myself in a situation that deserved punishment. Sometimes the situation even deserved death due to my ignorance, but when I cried out to the Lord for help, He came to my rescue. In Psalm 116: 11 it says, "I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy."

No matter the circumstance whether we put ourselves in it or it happens due to another person, God is there to help us when we cry out to Him. He loves us with an unconditional, merciful love. He wants us to be dependent on Him.

Lord help us to cry out to You more. Help us to be completely dependent on You. We need You God! We thank you for hearing our voice and always coming to our rescue. We love you so much Father. In Jesus Name. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment