Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December 30

Proverbs 31

If anyone had asked me when I was younger what I wanted to be when I grew up, not knowing the full details behind the job description, my first response was always "a wife and a mommy".  In today's reading we get a glimpse of what this Proverbs 31 super woman is like.  Not only is she a wife and a mom, she's a seamstress, an importer, an realtor, a manager, she's up at the crack of dawn, and the list goes on and on. Really?  The day isn't long enough to achieve all that.   In the scope of life as we know it, these achievements, in and of themselves, are about as realistic as any one of us (male or female) ending up on the front page of a leading fashion magazine. We live in a world where appearance and status is easily mistaken and confused for a persons character.  I think the key to unlock all the doors of success in anything begins and rests in our reverence for God.  I can think of a few people who's character exemplifies the person described in our reading and each one of them puts God first in their lives.   "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."  (v.30)  As we all start the New Year with resolutions, goals and commitment to change, I pray we seek first His Kingdom, everything else will be given to us as well.  (Matthew 6:33)



Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment