Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 24

Psalm 142


I have never been in a cave hiding from someone who was trying to kill me like David was when he wrote this Psalm.  I have, however, been in circumstances where I felt stuck between a rock and a hard place.  I think that's why this Psalm spoke to my heart.  David cries, prays, pours out his heart, and declares his distress to the only One who he knew could help him - God.  To me those were powerful and visual words to describe when we are at the end of our road and totally depending on God to save us.  "When my spirit faints within me, then you know my path" (v.3)  The Hebrew word for spirit in this verse is "ruwach" - meaning breath.  I think David realizes that when his physical capacity has taken him to the end of his road only Gods spirit within him will lead him. I believe that's what makes his Psalms so appealing to us - David doesn't pray with a plan "B" in mind - he knows there's only God.  "I cried to You, O Jehovah, I said You are my refuge ,my portion in the land of the living" (Interlinear Bible v.5)  I found so much hope and comfort in this.  Like David, when we can also call out to God in those times of desperation. His promise is that He will never leave or forsake us (Duet. 31:6,8 Heb. 13:5).  And when He brings our soul out from prison (v.7), to Him be all the praise, glory and honor.  Lord we thank you for loving us.  You are our portion and we cry out to You. As you continue to work through each situation in our lives and Your spirit, Your Ruwach, sustains us and carries us, we continue to give You all the praise.  I lift up my brothers and sisters to You this morning Lord and pray in Jesus' Name.





Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment