Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday April 15

Joshua 11-12
Luke 17:11-37
Psalm 84:1-12
Proverbs 13:5-6

"You are my greener pastures,
You are my quiet waters."
~ David Crowder, The Heights

"For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. 
He gives us grace and glory. 
The Lord will withhold no good thing 
from those who do what is right."
~ Psalm 84:11

I've said before that I worry a lot. This has been a struggle for me my whole life. Today I was dwelling on several things and wondering how everything was going to work out and getting myself stressed out.

Then in the midst of my worry, I remembered Psalm 84 that I read this morning. What joy comes to those who find their strength in the Lord. He is our sun and shield. He gives grace and glory. He withholds no good thing from those who follow Him. Then I heard Him say to me, "Why are you holding onto all that worry? Why don't you let me take care of it?" 

I need constant reminders that I can't carry all the burdens of this life on my own. When I try, I only get stressed out and miserable. All I need to do is admit that I can't do it on my own and ask Him to help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment