Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday BlogPost (3/16/14)

Saturday, March 15, 2014 [by Keesha Sullivan]

God is absolutely amazing!  Every time I read His Word, He reveals new insights and messages that touch my heart.  In Numbers 23:19 it says, "God is not a man, that He should lie nor a son of man, that He should change His mind."  The Lord had met with Balaam and put this message in his mouth for Balak.  Balak had asked Balaam on at least three different occasions to curse the Israelites.  All three times the Lord refused Balak's request and instead blessed them.  Balaam had no choice; he was bound by the very Word of God.

In Genesis 12:2-3, the Lord speaks to Abraham and tells him, "I will make you into a great nation.  I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt.  All the families on earth will be blessed through you."  The Lord made promises to Abraham to bless him as well as his descendants and to curse those who came against him and his family.

God stays true to His Word.  Numbers 24:9 says, " Like a lion, Israel crouches and lies down;  like a lioness, who dares to arouse her?  Blessed is everyone who blesses you, O Israel, and cursed is everyone who curses you."  By Balak trying to curse Israel, he ends up cursing himself.  The reason that this struck me is because there are so many promises that God speaks over our lives today.  In a world where politicians break promises, authorities corrupt their words, and people are slow to keep their word, we have a foundation upon which we can stand.  We can believe every Word that proceeds from the mouth of the Almighty King, Our Father.  Again it says in Numbers 23:19, "God is not a man, that He should lie nor a son of man, that He should change His mind."  We can trust God's Word because it is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

As I reflect on Numbers 23:19, I get teary eyed. I think of some of my favorite verses that God speaks over our lives today.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.  "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Romans 8:28
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." 
 
Psalm 37:25
"Once I was young, and now I am old.  Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread."
 
Isaiah 54:17
"But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you.  These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord; their vindication will come from me.  I, the Lord, have spoken!"
 
Hebrews 13:5
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." 
 
Trusting in God's Word brings contentment, joy, and peace.  I thank God that He is not a man that He should lie and that His Word is true.  Lord, thank You so much for Your unconditional love for us.  

Prayer:
Thank You Lord for Your Word.  Thank You that we can trust in You. Thank You that You are a good Father.  Thank  You that in Matthew 7:11 it says, "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"  Thank You for Your graciousness and Your new mercies each and every day.  We love You Lord. Please renew our minds and help us to trust Your promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment