Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday blog entry: 8/12

Family,

Today's blog entry is from Nicole Belasco. Some really great insights on Psalm 32!

Blessings,

Kenny

------------
Monday August 12, 2013
 
Psalm 32
 
"Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit."
 
Have you ever lingered in a stressful situation and found yourself in physical pain? When I'm having a bad day at work, if I'm anxious about something, my shoulders will tense up. Sometimes I'll get a bad headache. Other times, inexplicably, I'll leave work with aching feet, as if I'd been on my feet all day.
 
Things that weigh heavily on our hearts and minds often weigh heavily on our bodies as well. How much more heavily if we have unacknowledged or unrepentant sin? The psalmist David describes it like this:
 
"When I kept silent,
My bones wasted away
Through groaning all day long
 
For day and night
Your hand was heavy upon me;
My strength was sapped
As in the heat of summer.
 
Then I acknowledged my sin to you
And did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD" –
And you forgave the guilt of my sin."
 
The reality is, even as men and women of God, we DO sin. But hiding sin from God is not very productive…he can see right past our deceit!
 
What's more, we pay the price in our hearts, minds, and even our bodies.
 
The wonderful thing is that God's unfailing love surrounds those who trust in him. We can freely confess to God and ask him to cover our sins.
 
What are some things that keep us holding onto sin instead of confessing it?
 
Throughout the Scriptures, we see the hand of God moving as a result of humbled hearts, honesty, and confession. Nehemiah fasted and confessed before rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem. In the process he found favor with God, who restored not only the broken walls but also the nation of Israel. If we confess our sin to God, he will forgive the guilt of that sin. He will not count that sin against us, and will deliver us into safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment