Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August 27

Job 23-27
2 Corinthians 1:12-2:11
Psalm 41:1-13
Proverbs 22:5, 6

For Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does not waver between "Yes" and "No." He is the one whom Silas,  Timothy, and I preached to you, and as God's ultimate "Yes," he always does what he says.  For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "Yes!" And through Christ, our "Amen" (which means "Yes") ascends to God for his glory.
2 Corinthians 1:19-20

Twice this week, I've already had conversations with people who are in difficult situations and they do not know what to do. I listened to both my loved ones and I realized that I couldn't really offer much advice. All I could do was listen and let them know that I supported and loved them. After these conversations, I wished that there was more I could do. I wished I could fix their problems for them.

After reading the passage in 2 Corinthians, I was reminded that I am not the one who is suppose to have all the answers. I can't solve all the problems of the world, but I serve a God who can. Because God gave us His Son Jesus, we are able to be victorious even when we don't know what to do. We can have peace even when others disappoint and hurt us. We can be confident that God will keep all His promises even when we don't understand how. "For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding YES!" This is something that I need to remember everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment