Thursday, January 7, 2021

Blog From Jenna

Thursday 7 Jan

Verses

Gen 16:1-18:15

Mat 6:1-24

Psalm 7:1-17

Proverbs 2: 1-5

 

I always love it when I read the word and it relates so much to what I or we may be experiencing. I am so excited to be writing the blog this year and I can't wait for it to transform and strengthen my relationship with Christ and my Grace family.

Yesterday what took place at the capitol building was shocking and I got angry and turned my focus to the violence that was taking place. Instead of watching the news (being repeated) for a few hours wasting away valuable time, I could have been doing something far more productive. So much has happened in America since I have come back, personally and the country itself in regards to the election and COVID-19. During this difficult time, people may have lashed out with one another due to being in lockdown. We may have said something or something might have been said during this period. It has led me to work on my forgiveness which has always been something I have struggled with. We may have in the past held onto the pain that a friend or person has caused, crazy I know right.  I have learnt from fellow friends that it is not good to do that as bitterness and anger may arise. In order to move forward and grow, we must simply not hold onto bitterness and anger. We may feel that we can do it on our own instead of giving it to God.

In Matt 6:14 for if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others and their sins, your Father will not forgive your sin."

I would encourage us to not hold a grudge against one another. There may be times that we feel it is impossible to forgive, but I pray that we overcome this with God's strength and pray to God to help to forgive and be with us during these moments. Let us try next time we have a moment to sing Psalm 7 verses 1-17 and give thanks to God as he assures us of our worth and to remember that our mighty and powerful God has us in the palm of his hands.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment