Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Sept.23

Ephesians 2

Last week one of my kindergarteners looked at me randomly and said "Mrs. Rivera, I love the world and I love Jesus". I smiled behind my mask and told her that I loved Jesus too and we made the universal connection sign when you have something in common and waved our thumb and pinky at each other. Yesterday, that same little girl was having a complete meltdown and didn't want to stay in the class. I took her into the hallway trying to figure out which one of the many possibilities could be the one that had her so upset. School is hard this year. It is overwhelming for a child to be in a mask all day, sit at a table by themselves, and not be able to get the reassuring hug from their teacher that everything is all right. So, I comforted her the only way I know how, with the love of Christ. I reminded her of our conversation and how she told me that she loved Jesus but I more importantly, I told her that when she feels sad to always remember that Jesus also loves her. To hear that Jesus loves her was enough for this brave 5 year old to take a deep breath, feel the love of Christ, stop crying and go back into the class. Today's reading reminded me that first, God so loved, and because of that love, we have been saved by grace. The grace and love that lives inside of us by the power of the Holy Spirit is to be shared. We were created to do good works, (which can come in many different ways), not for ourselves, but to reflect the spirit that lives in us bringing glory to God. There are so many  people out there who are overwhelmed, tired of wearing masks, and are scared. They need to know that Jesus loves them. Ask the Lord to put someone in your life today who you can pass His message along to.

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment