Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Sept. 16

1 Timothy 1:15-16

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance:  Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life".

Here we have it, the gospel summed up in two sentences. We're sinners and Jesus came to save us. Paul considered himself the worst of the worst when it came to being a sinner. I'm not so sure about that. It's not up to any of us to judge who is the "worst", sin is sin and we're all included. What I think Paul might have been trying to convey is that if God had patience for him, then God has patience for anyone, and that includes you and me. David captures it well in verse 5 of today's Psalm, "You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you". The message is so simple. There's forgiveness at the cross, all we have to do is call on God. This might not change the immediate here and now, but it certainly changes the destiny of our souls. While living a life in Christ is filled with mystery, the message of love and salvation remains simple. I pray someone we will be able to share this with someone today.


Blessings,
Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment