Wednesday, July 17, 2019

The Nagging Wife

1 Chronicles 22-23, Romans 3:9-31, Psalms 12:1-8, Proverbs 19:13-14


On this most recent trip, Divan asked me "can we come up with a sign, so when I do it, you will stop asking me the same question over and over?" This was his response after I had offered to help hold or carry something at least ten times in a matter of 2 minutes. He was getting ready to drive, holding coffee, and we had just had a stressful situation. I was trying to help. He was fine and had it, (but according to him) I was nagging and wasn't trusting him in the situation. When I read Proverbs 19 today, this example came to me. 


We weren't quarreling not was there any contempt in this example, but we have had our moments. Knowing the sound of a leaky faucet, I definitely don't want to be compared to the continual dropping of rain...annoying! But when reading these two verses together, it puts a picture of marriage together....it comes from the Lord. 

"A foolish son is ruin to his father, and a wife's quarreling is a continual dripping of rain. House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord."

Proverbs 19:13-14 ESV


Divan and I have a very far from perfect marriage. We have some pretty rough spots, but we have also had some pretty great moments. I know without a doubt that God made us for each other. I also know that from the time I was in my moms tummy, my parents were praying for my future husband. I have now for years, been praying for the future brides of my little boys. They will come from the Lord, and I pray they are a balance to the men they become, and most importantly that they love God more then themselves. As a wife and as a partner, I pray that God makes me more like Christ, that I may be prudent, loving, and have patience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment