Friday, February 8, 2019

Blog Post: FEBRUARY  8TH,2019.

Exodus 28:1-43
Matthew 25:31 -26:13
Psalm 31: 9-18
Proverbs 8: 12-13

Todays reading made me look at myself deeper as a person and where my relationship stands with God. In Matthew we see the last man was only thinking of himself. He was judged for self-centeredness as he hoped to play it safe and protected only himself. We must follow what God calls us to do, to not make excuses and to not avoid Gods plan for us. We must obey God willingly along with our time, money and abilities as they come from God himself. When we ignore Gods plan  we abuse and squander  what we are given, we then deserve to be punished. The parable describes the consequences of two attitudes of Christs return . Those that invests his/her time and talent to serve the Kingdom of God will be rewarded. Those that have no heart for the work of the kingdom of God will be punished. God rewards faithfulness. Those who bear no fruit for Gods Kingdom cannot expect to be treated the same as those who are faithful.
 God will separate his obedient followers from pretenders and unbelievers. The real evidence of our benefit is the way we act. Treating new people we encounter everyday as if they are Jesus is no easy task. What we do for others demonstrates what we really think about Jesus words. Your actions separate you from pretenders and unbelievers.

In times of stress and depending upon God requires complete commitment. Davids helplessness and hopelessness everyone feels when hated and rejected. But difficulties and hardships are easier to face when we acknowledge our true relationship with God. At times our enemies may seem to have the upper hand, but its is God who is victorious in the end. We can have courage today because God will preserve.
 Our life's circumstances are under Gods control and knowing that God loves and cares for us enables us to keep steady in our faith regardless of our circumstances. It keeps us from sinning foolishly by taking matters into our own hands or resenting Gods timetable.
The more a person fears and respects God , the more he or she will hate evil. Love for God and love for sin cannot co-exist. Harboring secret sins means that you are tolerating evil within yourself. Make a clean break with sin and commit yourself completely to God.

I confess that I kept my signature sin secretly to myself and I realized it was weighing me down and stopping me from having a true relationship  with God. It was  when I was at my low and felt alone that I confessed my "secret sin to God", I felt free and no longer tied to my sin and I was no longer alone. I also confided in a friend in regards to my "secret sin" and I now have a accountability partner to help . 

I pray that we all use our talents and abilities for Gods Kingdom to use what God has given us to help others. I pray that we all confess our secret sins to the Lord and commit ourselves completely to the Lord, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment