Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Oct. 10

Psalm 80

When I was reading this Psalm, the first thing that stood out to me was the praise that was given to God, the Shepherd of Israel. The Psalmist is acknowledging God's exalted position by recognizing His place, He is enthroned upon the cherubim. Asaph asked that the God of majesty and glory would shine forth on behalf of His people. When God does shine forth, darkness and gloom vanishes and he is magnified.  God's exalted position has not changed. Only God can change things. We should find our rest when we are facing impossible situations and need clarity and perspective by posturing ourselves in humility and knowing that God the all mighty who is the Shepherd of Israel who brought them from Egypt to Canaan is strong enough to also deliver us in our present moment. This prayer of faith, understanding, and dependence is a model prayer for us as well. This past month of prayer has made me realize that God is so much bigger than any of my circumstances.  Acknowledging He dominates this universe and at the same time loves me has changed my perspective in the way I pray.  Lord, I pray You shine forth on everyone reading this blog , let gloom and darkness vanish. I pray You break through and be magnified in our lives. Let Your will be done today in our lives, on earth as it is heaven.

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment