Monday, June 4, 2018

Blog post Monday June 4th

A Prayer For The Power Of The Lord To "Cut To The Heart" (2 Sam:29,31,33-34, & 36 Acts 2:37 & 47)
 
 
Lord, you are able to be lamp of light in the darkness to those I love as well as to me.  Your way is perfect and your word is flawless.  You are a shield and refuge to all in need and who seek you.  You give strength, you make perfect the paths we walk, you enable all to stand in victory who call on your name.  Remembering these things, who you are and what you do, I lift up my prayer today.
 
Lord, there are many I love and care deeply about who are not walking the path you call them to.  Many walk-in darkness thinking it is light.  I have watched with a heavy heart as they stumble and fall and struggle to get back up only to continue to walk down the same darkened path.  There are no words I can speak no actions I can take, in and of myself, to aide them.  What they need Lord is your power, your conviction, your intervention, the revelation of your Holy Spirit to "cut to their heart" and reveal to them the truth of where they are and where they need to be. 
 
Lord, I am encouraged by what I read in Acts today.  You gave your disciples the wisdom and ability to speak and live so that those around them, those who heard and watched, were "cut to the heart", convicted and changed.  In one day you did not merely open the hearts, eyes and minds of a few but 3,000 lives were changed, 3,000 men and women were "cut to the heart" with conviction.  They heard about the corruption of their generation and were convicted and changed not just for their life time but for all of eternity.  After that day we read on that you, not the disciples, but you, the Lord, added to that number daily.  Your power at work changed lives and brought many to you.  That is what is what I ask for today, keep adding to that number Lord and include those I love amongst them.
 
Lord, it was your power that changed lives and it started with the 12 disciples.  You grew them, you challenged them, you empowered them and then you set them where they needed to be at the right time so that you could use them to "cut to the hearts" of those around them.  Lord, I pray and ask that you would work in me first and foremost.  Cut to my heart and convict, teach, challenge, and grow me.  Empower me to speak truth and to live it and I ask that you would prepare hearts, especially the hearts of those I love deeply, to be ready to hear you, to be ready to experience you, and to be ready to be changed in great and eternal ways.  I pray that you would "cut to their hearts" and make yourself known to them in ways they never have.
 
Lord, the lies and messages of this world that sit in opposition to your truth, seem so loud and so strong.  Help me to remember that they have no power or authority over you.  You can crush them in an instant.  You can cut them from the hearts of those trapped by them without struggle or delay. Help me to always go back to how I began this prayer and to remember who you are and what you do and to find my hope, my peace, my joy, my passion, and power in that alone.
 
Lord, that day in Jerusalem you "cut to the heart" and changed lives.  I pray and ask with urgency and great longing; please do it again today and "cut to the heart" of those I love and for whom my heart breaks.
 
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment