Wednesday, April 12, 2017

April 12

Luke 15

Call it Grace

Chesed in the Old Testament, Charis in the New Testament, they both define a characteristic of God ---  GRACE.  It's who He is.  Webster's definition nails it --  God moving heaven and earth to save sinners who could not lift a finger to save themselves.  As I read the three separate accounts in Luke, I found myself identifying in some way with each parable.  For whatever the reason, however it might have happened, I've walked my own path feeling very alone and very lost.  We even see in our reading today of Joshua how walking away from God wasn't working out too well for the Israelites either.  Here's the thing though, God has this incomprehensible love for us so that He searches for us when we're lost, carries us on His shoulders and brings us back to Him, and then celebrates when we repent. Please take a second and let that sink into your soul. Then, as if that's not enough, the process is inexhaustible because God's love and grace never runs out.  I don't know what burden you're carrying, or what you're wrestling with today, but after reading today's passages I can tell you that there are angels in heaven who are waiting to rejoice over you. Think about that or better yet, share that with someone who might need to know.  I would like to encourage you as we continue to go through Holy Week and approach Good Friday, spend some quiet time with God. Exchange your burden for God's grace.  The price was already paid for at the cross.


Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment