Wednesday, February 22, 2017

February 22

Psalm 39

 This Psalm reflects on the brevity of life with the hope that in the short time we are here, we walk knowing our only hope is having faith in God.  There are many hard lessons to learn in life. One of my biggest lessons to learn as I go through this life is to control what I say and even when I'm angry not offend people with my words.  I'm sure we can all recall a time (or two) when we spoke and regretted it.  Here, David asks the Lord to show him the number of his days and let him know how fleeting life is (v.4)  That really pierced my heart. We were created in the image of God (Gen. 1:26), and as disciples of Jesus our journey here is to transform ourselves into the image of Christ, not conform to the ways of this world. This is not our home. Whatever we do and say counts for eternity and our life abiding in Christ reflects in the way we live and I believe that includes the way we speak.  Think about how different relationships would be if we spoke to people as if our words were the last words someone else was going hear, or if what we say might be the last words we speak.  Changing the way we think and speak begins with renewing our minds (Romans 12:2)  I pray for all of us today that we speak life into other peoples lives and even into dark situations that we face as we go through the day.  This passage reminded me of the Toby Mac song "Speak Life".  Please take a moment to listen to it and carry throughout the day as a reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeBv9r92VQ0

Randi









No comments:

Post a Comment