Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 15

Mark 1:9-12

As I read the account of Jesus being led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit I realized something that I had missed before. I thought about how many times I thought I had a great idea, led myself into a season of wilderness and then wondered why life wasn't working out so well for me.  There's a difference when God leads us somewhere, and when we wander off on our own. Here, we see Jesus being led by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness, which shows that He was going out on a mission by the will of our Father. The Holy Spirit was with Him and He was fully depending on God's Word to fight the enemy and his temptations. Important to notice, this strategy works.  Even though Jesus was with wild animals, the angels attended to Him. How encouraging that is. As our sister Ruth wrote about the other day, think about what you've been called by God to do. When God has appointed us a mission, we are accompanied and equipped by the Holy Spirit to see it through, even if it means going through a "wilderness" season. Jesus was not out of God's plan when He was in the wilderness.  As a matter of fact, He was right in it!!! Similarly, sometimes God "calls us out upon the waters", but He never leaves us alone. I don't know where everyone who is reading this might be in their walk or their calling.  Maybe you're finding yourself in a "wilderness" season and because of it you are questioning whether you heard correctly what God called you to do.  Maybe you're just waiting for answers. Like Jesus, the enemy's voice might tempt you, but do not be deceived. Press in deeper in your quiet time.  Ask for prayer.  I pray you find encouragement and your soul rests in knowing that the Holy Spirit is with you.  He is protecting and leading you into your God ordained destiny.  He will never leave you or forsake you. 




Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment