Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Jan 3

Genesis 8:1, 9:13

Reading today's passage brought a flood of memories and tears. I don't know about anyone else, but I write in my Bible. Each year when I read, I see where I was, what I was praying for and how God, in His sovereignty,  chose to answer me.   When waiting for God to answer a prayer, I will often insert my name and claim the Scripture promise for myself and my family.  So, in my Bible, Genesis 8:1 reads "But God remembered Randi and her family, and the problems (the waters) receded.  We faced foreclosure and financial difficulties not too long ago, and we knew only God could lead us out of the mess. I prayed hard, Antonio worked hard and there was no "Plan B".  During that time, on one of my birthdays I prayed, and asked God to give me a birthday present that I knew could only come to me from Him. I needed hope.  "I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.  Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind" (9:13-15)  That day, as I was driving home, there was a rainstorm, and as I approached my house, there was a brilliant light, and rainbow over my home.  I started to cry knowing that God heard me, and answered me. I'm sure that rainbow wasn't just for me. I'm sure there were other people in Stamford who looked up, saw the rainbow, and saw hope in God's promises.  I'm learning that part of following Christ means living from one answered prayer to the next.  Each answered prayer builds our faith.  I don't know what any one else reading this blog is praying for, or what struggle you are going through, but I do know that we serve an awesome God. In our reading today, we see a glimpse into God's love, promise, grace and mercy. God has made an everlasting covenant with us that was fulfilled at Calvery. As we go through the reading again this year, I encourage you to jot down which of God's promises you are holding onto, and then look back and see how He answered.  Psalm 4:1 says "Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer"  Just as God remembered Noah and the Psalmist, He remembers us when we pray.




Randi 

No comments:

Post a Comment