Wednesday, October 5, 2016

October 5

Colossians 1:25:  I am a servant appointed by God to preach the Word of God until it is known to you and all over--what I'm talking about is nothing less than the mystery of the ages!  What was hidden for ages, generations and generations, is now being revealed to His holy ones.

There is a mystery hidden in the Old Testament Scriptures that promises the coming of a Messiah.  If anyone knew the Scriptures it was Paul, perhaps that was why he was able to recognize Jesus' voice the day he met Him in Damascus.  ( "Who are you Lord?"  Acts 9:5)  This hidden mystery has been revealed through Jesus and now is exposed to the world through His servants.  That's us!!! Each one of us has been called and equipped by God to reveal Jesus to the world!  That is so exciting when you stop and think about it.  None of us are alone because once we say "yes" to Jesus we become the church and join in unity with others who have been rescued from darkness.  We are all empowered with the Holy Spirit to spread the Good News of the Gospel.  Not only do we dwell in God, He dwells in us. This gave me a renewed hope and strength in my spirit when I read it.  It also refocused my intentions as I thought about all that needs to get done today.  With all the other choices of topics we can talk about today, I pray we all choose to talk about Jesus and spread the Gospel of our Lord!



Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment