Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Oct. 19

Psalm 89:1-4   -- I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generation.  I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.  You said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant, I will establish your line forever and make your throne firm through all generations

As we read through this Psalm, we see God's promise to preserve David's descendants.  In 2 Samuel 7 we learned that God promised to make David the mightiest king on earth and that his descendants would be forever on the throne.  Since there are no kings in Jerusalem, these verses which were written thousands of years ago, can only be looking toward the future. As believers, we know this promise was fulfilled in Jesus, David's descendant.  Looking ahead to verse 27, we read "I will also appoint him my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth".  When we praise worship, and acknowledge the Lord's great love and his faithfulness we are only beginning to realize the foundation of His throne and Who He is.  I think even if we were to memorize every word of scripture we would just be scratching the surface to understand how infinite He is and there are no boundaries to the love He has for us.  His love for us and the promises we find in scripture that we hold on to as truth has nothing to do with who we are, it's all about Who God is.  I pray that as we make room to hear God in our quite time He draws us closer.  I pray that we all experience a sense of His love as we stand on prophetic promises that were written thousands of years ago but were written for us as we place our trust and hope in the One True King, Jesus Christ.

Randi


 


No comments:

Post a Comment