Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Mark 10:13-31
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

After reading this excerpt, I wished I could go back in time. I always believed in God, but accepting Him as my Lord and Savior did not come until later in life. And, like most people, I would go back and forth in my commitment. I feel that if I had been a "born again" Christian when my children were little, I could have given them more of an understanding about how important a personal relationship with Jesus really is. Children are so impressionable and eager to learn. If we can be a Godly example, they will learn what we exhibit in our everyday lives. Even though time may have slipped by, it is never too late to share our belief and encourage our children, no matter how old they may be, that all things are possible through Christ who gives us strength.

Lord, I pray for all of our children, that they may come to know and love You as their best friend. A friend who will never leave them or forsake them when everyone else may walk away. Father, I pray that you soften their hearts and fill them with a desire to want to know You and to not be swayed by the things or possessions of this world that man finds so desirable. Less is more, but knowing You Lord, there is no greater thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment