Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday, March 19, 2016

[Keesha Sullivan]


I absolutely love going on vacations. I love packing, buying new outfits and even the planning of the trips. The one aspect I probably love the most is the thought of getting rest. Usually vacations come right on time. I am ready to relax, refresh, and be rejuvenated. I have to be honest though. There are several times that I have gone on vacation and come back tired, looking for another day or two of rest. I've asked myself, "Why?"


In our reading today, I believe that David unveiled the true answer. He said, "My soul finds rest in God alone' my salvation comes from him" (Psalm 62:1). The only place that David could go to to find rest was to the Father. When David needed relief from his children murdering their siblings, people trying to kill him or even his duties as king, he did not look for vacation spot. He did not plan an elaborate trip that would entail sleeping in late and fun activities. David looked to the Lord for His rest. 


He even commands his soul to go to God a few verses later. He says, "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone' my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken" (Psalm 62: 5-6). David knew our Heavenly Father was the only one that would give him rest, hope, and protection. God would fulfill all His needs. 


God truly gives us everything we need, because everything we need can be found in Him. Although vacations are a nice pastime, when I need rest, I need to go to the Father, so that he can help me to relax, refresh, and to be rejuvenated. 


Lord God, so many of us are weary, weak and tired. We have so much on our plate that we are overwhelmed. The circumstances seem dire and even impossible. We need rest. We need everlasting peace that cannot be taken from us. We need You, O Lord. Please touch us and give us that rest that puts our soul at ease. Have mercy on us Lord. Please strengthen us and help us to look to You for everything that we need in this life. Thank You for being God and loving us with an unconditional love. Thank You for fulfilling all of our needs. In Jesus's name we pray amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment