Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday, October 7

Jeremiah 8:8-9:26
Colossians 3:1-17
Psalms 78:32-55
Proverbs 24:27

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."
Colossians 3:2

This was one of the first scripture verses I ever memorized. I love it because it's easy to remember! And also because it's so important and says so much in these ten little words. Many of our problems and stresses and worries and difficulties can be answered by this verse.

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Focus on the eternal, not the temporary. It's that simple. We make it difficult because that's not our natural inclination. We need to make an effort to do this everyday. Verse 12 tells us how to do this: Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

I encourage all of you to memorize this verse. It can come in handy no matter what your need is. I know I'm thankful for the reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment