Friday, October 10, 2014

October 10th

October 10th

When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God of Heaven's Armies. (‭Jeremiah‬ ‭15‬:‭16‬ NLT)

During this One Year Bible reading plan, we have been on a journey of discovery. When you dig into the word of God, even if you are reading a passage that you have read many times, God reveals something different to you. It is God unfolding the glorious mystery of Christ to us. Reading God's word is vital to our faith, and it is eye-opening. But one of the most important things it can be is sustaining. We, like Jeremiah was in our reading today, are in the midst of a battle. Our battle is spiritual, it is not of this world. But we can have the same joy in our struggle that Jeremiah could have, for the same reason. If we bear the name of the Lord of Heaven's Armies, then when we discover His words, and devour them, they can be our heart's delight. It doesn't matter what you are going through, God has words for you to discover! And His words can be your heart's delight!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment