Sunday, June 3, 2012

03 JUNE 12 self reflection

Today's reading 03 JUNE 12
 
 
We are found in the middle of the history of kings! This history is tainted with Evil, Greed, selfishness, debauchery, wickedness, suicide, lust and a whole host of other junk! Asa and his son Jehoshaphat were the only two good King's yet even Asa when his feet were struck with a disease would not go to God with his affliction, but only went to the doctor. What this all comes down to is OBEDIENCE!! Plain and simple clean uncut in your face completely sold out to God OBEDIENCE.
 
We can sit here and judge these kings, and say, "boy if that was me I would of done this," or "I would never of done that," "wow, these kings were stupid," Let's be honest when I read passages like this I must look into a mirror and ask myself, how am I DISOBEDIEDANT to God? In what ways can I look at these kings with understanding of myself? Instead of getting up on my pedestal and pointing fingers.
 
Remember when Gov John Roland who in my opinion was a great Governor for the state. The only Gov to be elected to three terms since 1785, but Jonny boy was not with out his share of sin. Interesting at the same time, Waterbury's Philip Giordano, Bridgeport's Joe Ganim both remain behind bars. And then, Hartford Mayor Eddie Perez was under investigation. Each of them had work done to their private homes involving companies jockeying for contacts with the city and state. Why did I bring this up? Keep reading. Gov Roland said of Joe Ganim "His sentence was not nearly long enough for what he did to the City of Bridgeport" (at the same time he was guilt of the same thing)
 
We unfairly pass judgments on people, thinking were better or forgetting what we have done, or we see things in other people that hate about ourselves so we become the harshest of critics.
 
Remember Mat 7:1,2 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
 
Remember when we point a finger at someone we have three pointing back at us!  
 

Chuck Goulart

No comments:

Post a Comment