Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 16

Betrayal and Arrest

It goes without saying that all of us have gone through difficult times. When I'm experiencing a storm in my life, I find that talking to someone who has been through similar situation helps me tremendously. That person not only understands exactly how I am feeling, but also can also encourage me to persevere. It's amazing how sharing your struggles with someone else can help release you from a burden.

After reading today's passage, I'm reminded that there is always someone we can turn to who understands our pain and struggles: Jesus. Jesus was in agony as he anticipated what was going to happen. His friend and disciple Judas betrayed him. He was arrested. He was falsely accused. He was humiliated. He was tortured. He was put to death.

Next time you are experiencing a storm, remember that you are not alone. No matter what you are feeling, the Creator of the Universe knows what you are going through because He has been there too. It's amazing to think that God Almighty stepped down from heaven to earth for the purpose of saving us from our sins. It's also amazing that we get the added bonus of serving a God who fully understands us! Turn to Him and He will give you the strength to go on.

Bound to Come Some Trouble
By Rich Mullins
There's bound to come some trouble to your life
But that ain't nothing to be afraid of
I know there's bound to come some tears up in your eyes
That ain't no reason to fear
I know there's bound to come some trouble to your life
Reach out to Jesus, hold on tight
He's been there before and He knows what it's like
You'll find He's there

No comments:

Post a Comment