Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15

1. How do we produce good fruit.
As Christians we know that God wants us to produce good fruit in our lives. Jesus explains how we can do that: by remaining in Jesus! "No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches."

2. Jesus' command.
What is that good fruit? Jesus follows by asking His disciples to remain in His love. To follow His command which is: "Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." Which is exactly what Jesus did. This is the command that we are being pruned to follow. This is the result of being in Jesus. What do your friendships look like? Are you mostly on the receiving side or on the giving side? Ask someone in your life today what can you do for them.

3. We are given a Guide
We have the comfort of the Holy Spirit given to us to guide us in our decisions:
“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.

4. Oneness.
The result is that we become one with God. Oneness. Inseparable, in harmony and in unity, yet still being distinct parts. The mystery of relationship:
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

5. Eternal life
And we have eternal life in Jesus. But this does not only mean that we get to hang out in Heaven forever. It means that we will know God forever! Know Him truly and intimately:
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Keep Jesus' words in your hearts and follow his commands. Seek for the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Yearn to know Jesus Christ. Yearn to know the true God.

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

No comments:

Post a Comment