Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14

Reading today's Bible text, God impressed on my heart one question: What is your assurance that your faith and faithfulness to Me will last? (and to clarify, my faithfulness to Him is not constant anyway) If I think of what I read today about Israel and Judah, I have none. If I think of who I am, unfaithful to God as it is, I have none. My only hope is that He will not let go of me and He will give me that strength to persevere.

Look how unstable the faith of Judah and Israel was. I mean, how does this happen: one moment you rebuild God's temple with gladness, the next moment (sometimes few years later actually) you turn to worship something else.
So we should be careful not to think that our 'spiritual high' today will last tomorrow. We sang 'This little light of mine" in church yesterday and I kept thinking: Why did the author of the song wrote 'little' for light. I don't really know but I thought about my own faith: Oh Lord, sometimes it feels like my faith is really a little one. But I pray for us that we don't slip, that we don't burn out, but that we long for God afresh every day. I just don't want one day to wake up and wonder: 'God how did this happen? How did I do this?' And further, I don't just want us to persevere in our faith - I want us to fly, I want us to have fun with God and get the best out of our relationship with Him in life. So God please help us to keep longing for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment