Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20

Psalm 13, 17, 23, 26, 28, 31

Psalms of a Troubled Soul

After reading these psalms, it's clear to me that God never promises to spare us from all the troubles that come our way. Even King David, the man after God's own heart, was not free from hardships. He cried out to God to relieve him from enemies, pursuers, and slanders.

So what hope do we have, knowing that the storms of life will continue to come at us?

Psalm 23:
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

This is our hope: despite walking through the valley of the shadow of death and being in the presence of enemies, GOD IS ALWAYS THERE WITH US! He is there to comfort and restore us. He is there to lead us out of darkness and and prepare a table for us. When we know God who created the universe with His infinite power is right by our side, then the valleys don't seem as dark and the enemies don't seem as frightening.

He Was There
By David Crowder Band

I will sing to the Lord
I will sing to the Lord
He is high above and lifted up
He is high above and lifted up

He was there for me in the desert
He was there for me on the mountain top
He was there for me when there was no water
He was there for me and He gave me a drink

In the desert He was there
On the mountain He was there
In the valley deep He was there
Everywhere I look my God is there

No comments:

Post a Comment