Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 26

Evaluating the 2009 Bible Reading Journey

As we approach the final days of our Bible reading journey would you take 5 minutes and evaluate the experience?

1. What were the positive benefits you received from our journey?

2. What were the greatest difficulties you faced in completing the journey?

3. What advice would you offer for the 2010 journey?

4. Did you read the devotional on the blog site or the email?

5. What changes would you like to see in the devotional format for the future?

6. How can we have better accountability in the upcoming year?

7. Will you be joining the journey in 2010?

We will be forming a new 2010 team and you must request having your name on the new list. We will not assume that every person from 2009 will continue into the New Year.

Let me share with you my personal testimony on the value of reading the Bible through every year. Next year I will be reading through the Bible for the 28th time. The reason I will commit to doing this again is that every time I read through I learn new truths and hear God’s voice. The Bible isn’t a book that can be read once, set down, and then checked off on your “To Do List.” God is continually speaking to us through his Word. The value of a daily reading schedule is that it keeps me focused on the “Daily” commitment to getting my heart right with God. Almost every morning I read something that God uses later in the day. It is truly a miracle how he prepares us through his Word. I encourage you to give God this opportunity to speak into your life. Allow him to use those three chapters each day to open your mind and to give you the wisdom to live wisely. By the way, we will be studying his Word for eternity; there is no limit to the wisdom contained in the Bible. So start your homework early and join the 2010 team.

A celebration party is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan 30th 7:00 at my house for those completing the past year and for those starting the new 2010 challenge. Please let me know if you are attending so I can plan for the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment