Saturday, December 12, 2009

December 12

Becoming a Secret Agent

Acts 26:17-18. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.

I am largely viewed in our world as a harmless, kind, old chaplain who reads books, writes sermons and visits old people in hospitals. But the real truth is that I am a secret agent. I am working for a foreign government and I am here to subvert the kingdoms of this world. The kingdom called the USA is destined to fall one day and its propaganda about money; power, success, sexuality and happiness are 180 degrees opposite from the truth from the eternal kingdom where I am a citizen.
My mission is to win as many people from this earthly kingdom and bring them into the heavenly one. Those who refuse to believe my message about this other kingdom are destined to be lost for all eternity, so there is nothing casual about my mission. My mission demands my highest priority, my most diligent attention and my continual efforts.
In reality the kingdom of this earth is heavily defended territory. People only want to pay token respect to God, they do not want him to invade their lives, or take control of their lives. Most sin is not just a moral lapse it is an aggressive defiance, a shaking of the fist against God and his commands. People do not want to hear a secret agent tell them of this other kingdom because it makes them uncomfortable.

My tactics to undermine this earthly kingdom…
1. Prayer
2. Love the people of this earthly kingdom in order to reach them. Love is a powerful weapon.
3. Tell them the truth… be a truth teller.
4. Be available when crisis time arrives, that is when their hearts are most open
5. Guard my own heart… I realize I am also being targeted by an enemy.

God is now inviting you to join the mission. You can pick up your secret agent instructions by continuing to read the manual you read this morning. You do not need to eat the instructions or burn them, in fact, leave them out on your desk at work and at home and someone else might open them up.

Have a blessed Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment