Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2

We doubt Christ. We doubt His miracles. I loved what Steve said yesterday: 'How often too that our present reality obscures our trust in God's power!' We read of another example today of Jesus feeding multitude of people with a miracle. And yet again, before Jesus performed the miracle, the disciples doubted. They said: "But where in this remote place can anyone get enough bread to feed them?" It sounds like they thought it was impossible.

When we are faced with an obstacle in our life, do we turn to Jesus and say: Provide a miracle Lord, display Your power! Or do we say: Based on all the logical evidence and based on my life experiences, I really expect Jesus to do only about so much. Or, do we go even further: I don't expect Jesus to do anything because a solution is impossible? I've fallen in the latter categories. Somehow I've assigned limited power to Christ in my life and stopped asking for miracles and that in anything and everything He will display His power in my life! The Pharisees did not believe at all. They doubted whether Christ is the Son of God so they asked Him to perform a miracle. But they were testing Him in their disbelief, to which Jesus would not answer. I think He wants us to ask Him for a miracle with faith in Him, believing that with Him all things are possible. But also notice that we are not inactive in His miracles: the disciples were told to serve the baskets of bread and they did so. I hope that we will learn to say to the Lord 'Feed the 4 thousand Lord,' instead of 'How could they possibly be fed Lord!' I also hope that we will ask Him to do miracles through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment