Saturday, September 12, 2009

September 12

Job 16

Job 16:19-21 Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high.
My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God;
on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend.

Job is not having much luck with his “counselors.” They seem bent on destroying him and proving he deserved these catastrophes.
Have you ever had someone in your life like Elpihaz? Someone who just loves to question you, who pull your strings, who stand against you, and takes particular delight in proving you wrong? That person is playing the role of a prosecuting attorney. It is like they are standing before a jury of your peers trying to win a verdict against you. If you have people like this in your life you need to take the comfort that Job takes in round two with Eliphaz. Job realizes that he cannot win his case with Eliphaz so he appeals to his divine advocate and friend Jesus. He will rest his case with God and give up trying winning the approval of his “earthly friends.”
There are people on this planet who love to play “devil’s advocate.” They love to take the place of the devil and accuse us. I thank the Lord for a “heavenly advocate” who is always on my side, who constantly loves me, who has the grace to forgive me and is always available for a discussion with his client.

If you want to live a stress reduced life... live for the approval of your heavenly advocate and friend Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment