Monday, June 10, 2019

Details are important

1977 a lightning storm knocked out power in NYC, but don't worry we got this! just flip some switches in the right order at the right time and we can use power from other areas! One person forgot to flip one switch which overloaded ConEd and blacked out NYC for 25 hours resulting in chaos, and mayhem, looting, riots and a ton of other chaotic events.

1999, 330 million dollar Mars orbiter was lost due to a small detail, an engineer at Lockheed and Martian a US based company installed software that works on American system of measurement when ALL THINGS NASA use the metric system. This caused the wrong calculation ending in the loss of this spacecraft. 

2008, A 1.4 billion dollar a US B-2 Stealth bomber crashed in Guam because of a faulty air pressure sensor. Some water droplets on the sensor was the cause, but the mechanics were suppose to make sure they were dry. This was overlooked and brought down one of the most expensive planes ever made.

Details are so important! When reading todays passages, 1 Kings 7:1-66 stood out! Coming from a construction background details are critical. Reading Solomons blueprint plans for his house "the palace of the forest of Lebanon" named for the amount of cedar trees from the Lebanon forest that Solomon used. I love picturing in my minds eye what this palace would look like. Some things I learned "the Sea" in verse 23 AKA "Molten Sea" was enormous, made of bronze and used for washing the feet of the priest and cleaning parts of sacrifices. The stones were huge and cut precisely by hand, this is no easy task even with today's hi-tech tools.  One big thing stood out to me in all of the building of Solomons palace. Solomon took 7 years to build the temple of the Lord, but took 13 to build his own house. I was wondering how many things in my life I pour a lot of time in? How much detail I put into the things I like, and I want to do? More importantly how many things for the Lord where I don't give Him my all! 

Today I will take an inventory of those things in my life that take time away form serving the Lord and not myself.    



Chuck Goulart
Anytime Appliance
Repair Service
and More, LLC.
203-943-0961


 "Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter." –Francis Chan


No comments:

Post a Comment