Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December 20

Psalm 139

As I was reading this Psalm, I was reminded of listening to my Mom talk the other day about a jewelry loop that was handed down to her which was used to examine flaws in diamonds.  In this Psalm, we are given a poetic description of divine omniscience.  The Jewish Study Bible explains that sitting down and standing up are expressing the whole of one's life and activity.  The hand of the Lord is an expression of divine control and assistance.  I started to think that since the Lord knows us so intrinsically as the Psalm explains, what would He find if He took a loop designed to find flaws and examined the heart that He gave us which was meant to love Him?  As my Mom was talking to me about finding flaws in diamonds, I was thinking about the flaws in my heart!  To be honest, I kind of tuned out of what she was saying and started to pray in my mind.  I was reminded of the theme of Advent, prepare Him room.  The King of the universe was born in the back room in a manger but does He live in the back room of our hearts or have we given Him His proper place?  This has been a very emotional Advent season for me, which I guess is good -- that's what it's supposed to be. God's hand knit me together and He knows every aspect of my inner being. I can't hide anywhere, or hide any part of me.  When the God who created me examines my heart will He find the room I prepared for His Son? God knows we aren't perfect and He sees our flaws. Jesus was born to die so that His blood would cover our flaws and when God examines our hearts He will recognize His image within us as we were originally created. Today just started and we have 5 days left till our Savior's birth. There's still time. Prepare Him room.



Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment