Friday, October 6, 2017

October 6

October 6, 2017

Colossians 2


Last Sunday night a terrible tragedy occurred in our country. A lone gunman armed with a huge arsenal of weapons killed 58 people and wounded over 500. The scope of this horrible event is unimaginable. When President Trump addressed the shooting on Monday, he called it an "act of pure evil." "Evil" can only be understood as the opposite of that which is "good." Thus, by calling this evil he was introducing God to the issue. It is interesting that as of this moment, no motive has been mentioned outside of "pure evil."


The New Testament frequently reminds us that we are involved in a daily spiritual battle with evil. For us to not be aware or prepared for this battle means we're already victims of it. This evil has its source in Satan and his mission is to destroy all that is good; this includes our lives, our families, our church and our country.


This conflict has been going on for millennials, so our enemy is an expert at it. So, what is our strategy to defeat him and live a victorious life?  Colossians 2:15 says, "and having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."


Our victory lies in the cross of Jesus. When Jesus died on the cross he defeated Satan and all the forces of evil. For us to experience victory, we need to pray from this position of power. When we claim the power of the cross and the blood of Jesus, we move from victim to victors.


Here is a spiritual warfare prayer I pray. I encourage you to pray it daily.


In the name of Jesus Christ and by the power of his cross and his blood, I command Satan and all evil spirits to depart from my life. I command Satan and all his evil spirits to release their hold on me in order that I can do the will of God in my life. I break every one of his plans and schemes against my life, my family, my church. As a child of God, I declare that I am a victor in Jesus and therefore Satan and all his evil demons cannot inflict any harm or pain in my life. In Jesus' name I pray this. Amen.



--
"Multiplying leaders to change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment