Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19

1 Corinthians 12


As I read this passage I couldn't help but think about our church family.  "There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.  There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.  There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men."  (v.4-6)  I don't think anyone in our church family would deny that this describes Grace Church.  We are each unique with our individual gift that God has blessed us with, but Jesus is the chord that knits us together and unifies us into one body.  "The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body.  So it is with Christ.  For we are all baptized by one Spirit into one body - whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free - and we were all given the one Spirit to drink." (v.12-13) Lord I thank You for my brothers and sisters at Grace and the way You have knit us together into the Body of Christ.  I pray Lord You continue to strengthen each of us in the gift You have given us and that we continue to serve in a way that pleases You.  I thank You Lord for the unique way You have arranged the parts of our church body just as You want them to be and by the power of Your Holy Spirit You hold us together.




Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment