Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 12th

December 12th

"Write this letter to the angel of the church in Laodicea. This is the message from the one who is the Amen—the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's new creation: "I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! (Revelation 3:14-16 NLT)

I fear the outcome of this passage. I think we all, at times become lukewarm for Christ. God detests this. The only thing that I never understood about this passage, is why it would say that he would rather us be cold? How can this be? I have heard quite a bit about the location of Laodicea and the aqueduct, but I have never truly understood it. A message to casual Christians: stop it! God wants us to be on fire for Him. He wants our full attention and our hard work. He wants us to be digging into His word and being excited about who we are in Him. Christ is out all in all. But we don't always act like it. We don't always seem like Christ is our number 1 priority. He gets swept to the back of our list. This is especially important this time of the year. As Christmas approaches, a celebration of Christ's birth, let's make sure we don't get too wrapped up in family, and gifts and holiday cheer that we forget about Christ, who is the reason for it all anyway. Let's pray to God to light the fire again!

No comments:

Post a Comment